Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Autumn


 Crowned with the sickle, and the wheaten sheaf,
 ... Autumn nodding o'er the yellow plain,
 Comes jovial on.

James Thomson, Autumn



O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being,
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,
Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red...

Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ode to the West Wind



A common grayness silvers everything....
Days decrease,
And Autumn grows, autumn in everything.

Robert Browning, Andrea del Sarto








More exquisite than any other is the autumn rose.

Theodore Agrippa d'Aubigne, Les Tragiques. Les Faux.






An elegant sufficiency, content,
 Retirement, rural quiet, friendship, books.

James Thomson, Autumn

Wishing you many beautiful Autumn days!
Thanks for stopping by! Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

I'm linking to The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays!



15 comments:

  1. I always love your posts!!! You have such a way with staging and your photos. They are always exquisite, peaceful and inspiring.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird and ivy patten is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Autumn post, Jacueline, and beautiful pictures!
    Happy Sunday to you!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and quotes. Enjoy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the perfect quotes for your photos. Each is stunning! I agree, the bird and ivy pattern is magnificent! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most exquisite dinnerware, etc! I'm constantly amazed at all the beautiful things you've accumulated.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your pieces that have the brown and various color print on them. Might I inquire what pattern they are? I have only seen one other item that has the brown print on it and it's my Grandmothers large oval Thanksgiving turkey platter. Many thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fall is most enchanting!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the birds with ivy china! What is the pattern? I'm not sure I've ever seen it before, but it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Nice quotes too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posts are amazing. I love all the posts and the quotes! Beautiful thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous photos, wonderful peices, and fantastic staging.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, as always, Jacqueline...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your taste! I don't even want to take the time to read, my eyes just want to stay on the pictures!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!