Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dressing Up An Ordinary Table


My vintage dinner plates are American transferware from the middle of the last century.





I wanted to dress them up a bit for this table, so I used a few vintage paper doilies as accents.

 

Folded at the top of the plate, they bring something just a little special to an otherwise ordinary table.



Glassware is vintage  Fostoria from the same era.











Napkins are vintage damask with a monogram.



I've layered a couple of lacy vintage cotton tablecloths.










 The monogrammed dinner knives are Buckingham by Gorham in sterling.


Teaspoons are Oneida silverplate. I love monograms and mix and match silver, and these complement my old monogrammed silver below rather nicely.





Thanks for stopping by for a look!
I'm off to see more tablescapes myself.
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline




I'm sharing at
Tablescape Thursday

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely table...and what wonderful silver finds!! Your linens are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just outstanding!
    I love the plates, the lacy tablecloths, the napkins and the silverware, what a find!
    Superb!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monograms are exciting and they can become a great topic at the dinner table - who is eating with grandmother's or great-aunt's? Our children compare their spoons, one can have a spoon from a skiing competition from the 1930's and the other a piece from a wedding gift from the 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the doilies! I need to dig out the ones that I inherited from my grandmother and start enjoying them. The paper doilies look like tiaras. So pretty!

    Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely delightful table. I love the addition of the doily, what a great idea. Great find on the silver. Thanks so much for bringing this loveliness to our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline, the doilies are a sweet addition. Looks like a crow for the plate. Loving your gorgeous textiles and the new silverware finds. What a deal at $1 a piece. Glad they went home with you. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word I would never use about your style and your home is "ordinary!"
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are the QUEEN of table scaping! Always soooo divine to sit at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! I love the quiet elegance of it all.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a lovely blog here. Just love the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I love the babies breath centerpiece. Hugs.
    P.S. I have your lovely blog on my cottages page at Katherines Corner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty, pretty pretty!!! every piece is as beautiful as the last...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVELY blog and sooo lovely pictures!!!
    Have the best weekend and take care....
    Titti/Hwit Blogg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yumalicious! I love the layered look.

    Thanks for this,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had visited and couldn't comment.. but now.. yeah yeah.. I know it's been a hectic two days. I do so love that china. The pattern really speaks to my heart. The chosen textiles are stunning and perfect with it! Loved it first time, love it again now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post!! I love the dishes and the linens as well!
    If you have a driving need to know;^), the center silverplate picture is "Grosvenor" a pattern from 1922.
    Thanks for a beautiful blog,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!