Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

In A Victorian Mood


I like the versatility of brown transfer ware. Making its appearance in autumn, for the most part, I've been seeing the lighter patterned versions around here and there lately and wanted to get mine out for awhile.


Maybe it's the sepia overtones, or the victorian lace panel that I'm using, but I'm getting that time travel feeling with this vignette.


Old brown pages always seem at home in the mix too. It all makes me ready to hear a creak on the old wooden stairs. But I don't have any.


An antique flower frog, a museum painting postcard, and a sea star keep company in a bowl.





































Thanks for stopping by!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at
Show & Tell

17 comments:

  1. Brown transfer is always one of my favorites, yours is gorgeous.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, your pictures have brought back bitter sweet memories. My mother in law had a lovely set of dishes that were brown transfer ware-- I wish I had gotten them when given the chance. But no, they were donated to charity. I'm certain someone got them who really needed them, and they are used and appreciated everyday.

    Your photos are lovely-- and yes, they remind me of traveling back in time, too! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post! I really love the brown transfer! Thanks for sharing. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brown transferware, lace and aged paper- among my favorite things- beautiful vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown transfer ware speaks to me too. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi J,
    I am completely dazzled by the lace panel! YUMMY! and a perfect companion to your rosy transferware, Lovely!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jacqueline,
    Your posts are always so wonderful! I just adore the sepia tones you have put together!
    Love~love~Love that gorgeous vintage table cloth...I'm an absolute fan of lace and fringe!
    Hoping you have a lovely weekend!
    xo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You create such romantic beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always LOVE your brown transferware and enjoy seeing the various ways you use it!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It certainly is a lovely alternative to the standard color choices.
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for so much inspiration that you give us every day, today is no less. B e a u t i f u l!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love brown transferware!! Have a small collection myself that i really need to display.....it looks great with the old sepia photographs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is so pretty. I just adore that pitcher and bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love brown and white transferware too.

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!