Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Pink & Tranquility


We're lucky to have a good garden nursery nearby. Gardening in a desert climate can be an olympic event, and I'm not even in the competition. But today I'm just observing. 


More than once I've slipped out and escaped into the nursery foliage. This time Emma is with me under the bouganvillea. 



I don't know what this is, but it's gorgeous and drapes beautifully.



This is quite a bit easier to cultivate here.







Cooling off with hot pink Begonias.



The hot house is cooler than the outside temperature. I wonder if anybody would notice if I took a nap under the palms.












The perfect spot for reading after that nap! But I think we're ready to get back to business as usual.




All I needed was a little Pink and Tranquility.
I hope you get some too!
Have a wonderful end of July weekend.
 We won't be here again for a whole year. Sniff, sniff.
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me for Pink Saturday at Beverly's!
How Sweet the Sound

11 comments:

  1. Hi J and Emma,
    It looks like a great trip, I love to spend time in the nursey!! The bouganvillea is beautiful it doesn't grow here except as an expensive throw away.
    Did you ever smell that perfume oil "Joshua Tree" by Aveda, it smelled amazing, they quit making it, I still have a bottle I think it smells like the desert in the summer at night... intoxicating!
    Happy Pink Saturday Ladies, enjoy your visit!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Love all of the succulants and cacti!! Beautiful orchid!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    Exciting New $150 Giveaway from Dr Perricone! Artful Beauty from the inside and out! Come and Enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some very pretty pinks. The flamingo's remind of a great weekend with my cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice visit love the cactus plants. I also love Begonias and I love the statue..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy going to the nurseries and seeing so much beauty in one place. Little Emma is the blue ribbon winner in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers and Emma, of course, are beautiful. I have a number of these plants growing in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post of flowers!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma is a beauty for sure...love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love to walk around the nursery and find inspiration. However, the sweltering heat in the South makes it a little unbearable these days. Great that we could visit through your blog and stay cool! We love the pink orchid.
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacqueline,

    The flowers were definitely pretty and pink!Thanks for sharing! I hope you can join me at the Design Gives Back blog party the week of August 12th-18th for a story to warm your heart! HPS!-Sher

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to escape to lovely garden centers when it's cooler. At the moment the ones here are pretty bare. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!